27.8.09

THESE POSTS ARE RELATED TO RESEARCH ONLY, AND MAY BE DISTURBING, OFFENSIVE, AND VIOLENT IN NATURE. IN NO WAY DO THESE POSTS REFLECT MY PERSONAL VIEWS

I have added a post from the proceeding site; w.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/faq.htm, which is obviously objectionable, offensive, and generally heinous in nature, in an attempt to provide the sources and research I have used in the past for literature reviews on destructive obedience and cognitive dissonance (referring to the proceeding post).
***This particular piece is likely the most disturbing of any other articles that I have used in research and I would like to note that I DO NOT condone the use of propaganda as a means to an end, nor do I concur with the political view of the Nazi Party in any way.***
I have never authored a blog and do not know exactly how this format is going to turn out so please be patient.
I am also adding a variety of other posts as requested by others, including reviews on some popular structured and semi-structured tests, such as the Myers-Briggs.
I also have information on case studies - many of them are reviews from the text, "The Man Who Mistook his Wife for a Hat," authored by Oliver Sacks in 1985, a noted neurologist known for his fascinating case studies on the effects of injury/abnormality within the brain.
I also hope to include reviews on the experiments of other groundbreaking experiments and research, such as those of Philip Zimbardo and Stanley Milgram, amongst others.

2 comments:

  1. I wish there was a better way to organize this in my preferred order. I wanted to convey/demonstrate the insidiousness of group dissonance and the so-called "mob mentality," by starting these excerpts with the seemingly benign (or at least, less radical) views of Hitler and those that followed him in the very beginning. Slowly, over time, more radical propaganda was introduced as the process of desensitizing the population had already begun. What may have been shocking 2 years ago perhaps did not seem so errant...... I was amazed while reading from 33' to 45' the subtle and insidious change in the flavor of the writings, as well as the impressive psychological strategies employed within the articles.
    A huge anti-semitic offensive tool is "scientific research," (a term far too often abused) that is manipulated until the desired conclusion is reached and then published under the guise of "objective data or research," and the like.
    This is a personal observation, not fact, nor is it supported by any research that I have obtained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Create an archive column in descending order. Or would that be asceneing? Whichever, the oldest posts at the top and the newer proceeding downwards, with seperate dates for each archived post if possible.

    ReplyDelete